Departments > Support Services > Catering Department
Head, Catering Services
Mrs Angela Kachikwu was born at Onitsha on the 24th of September, 1964 to the family of Late Sir Williams and Lady Mary Amede Iweanna of Ossomala-Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State. She is from Delta State. She had her primary education between 1974 to 1979 at Santa Maria Enugu and attended Queens School for her Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate in 1974. She obtained both her Ordinary National Diploma and High National Diploma at Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna 1983 to 1984, Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina 1984 to 1986 and Kano State Polytechnic, Kano from 1994 to 1998. In the year 2002 she went on to study at the Bayero University Kano where she had her postgraduate Diploma in Management and subsequently Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and in the year 2013, she was a fellow of the Nigeria Hotel and Catering Institute.
Mrs A. Kachikwu started work at the prestigious 5 Star Nike Lake Hotel, Enugu as Catering Officer. She joined the civil services in 1990 at Park Lane General Hospital Enugu and was transferred to University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital Enugu and in the year 1994 she joined the services of National Orthopaedic Hospital, Dala as a Higher Catering Officer and has risen through ranks to Chief Catering Officer and has been the Head of Catering Department since 1996 till date.
MARITAL STATUS: Mrs Kachikwu is married to Mr S.N. Kachikwu who is a Chartered Accountant and the marriage is happily blessed with children.
Her hobbies include cooking and jogging.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Catering Service department of National Orthopeadic Hospital Dala is aimed to provide quality catering services to patients in the ward and staffs welfare. Meals are served to patients three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) welfare meal is when need arises like during celebration (Sallah, Christmas and Easter).
The Catering Service department now offers platted service to patients where the food is served directly from the kitchen to patient’s plate.
The Catering Service department is sub-divided into four (4) units
1. PRODUCTION UNIT: is the main key unit in hospital catering. Their main duty is to cook patient’s food; they take care of special and general food. The special are Dantata (side room) and New Amenity.
Time table for General Ward
Time table for Special Dantata and Amenity Ward.
Time table for Diabetic patients.
Time table for Weight Reducing patients.
N700.00 PER DAY
N500.00 PER DAY
SPECIAL DANTATA AND AMENITY WARD
N2,500.00 PER DAY
HIGH PROTEIN DIET
N1,000.00 PER DAY
2. SERVICE UNIT: This unit is responsible for serving of meals to patients. Plated service is carried out in the department to all the patients.
The service time is as follows:
3. DIETETIC UNIT
- Counseling of in and out patients
- Supervision of patient’s meal (General and Special)
- Record keeping on special patients.
- Going on ward-round to see special patients.
4. PROCUREMENT UNIT: This unit keeps record of all food purchased by procurement unit to the catering store. They are also responsible for maintenance of kitchen equipment and report all faulty equipments to engineering department for prompt repairs.
Some Catering Department Staff at work